TERMS & CONDITIONS
A valid ticket is required to enter the site.
Every vehicle must purchase a $10usd parking pass upon arrival for at the venue. There is no re-entry allowed with this pass. Hotel, villa, camping and RV guests will only incur a one-time fee upon arrival for the weekend, as long as they don't leave through the weekend.
Doors open at 4pm on Friday October 5th. Early arrives are ok but will not be allowed in hotel rooms or to set-up camping until 4pm.
Rain or Shine.
WAKOIA is a LEAVE NO TRACE, pack it in, PACK IT OUT event!
You will receive the rules and regulations for the event upon ticket purchase.
There are NO refunds for any reason. We retain the right to refuse service to anyone.
By purchasing a ticket you agree to the terms and conditions below:
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions, Waiver, and Release Form (“Terms and Conditions”)
In consideration of being allowed to participate in and attend WAKOIA (the “Event”), I agree to comply with any and all rules, regulations, terms, and conditions of WAKOIA, including but not limited to the following:
1. I certify that I am physically able to participate at the Event and in any associated activity or performance, and that I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical professional.
2. I acknowledge and fully understand that as a participant, I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, property loss and severe social and economic losses. These risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by: (a) the actions, inactions, or negligence of the organizers of the Event and its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, contractors, and/or affiliates (collectively, “WAKOIA”) and/or participants in the Event; (b) conditions of the premises or equipment used; (c) rules and regulations regarding the activities; (d) temperature; (e) weather; (f) condition of participants; (g) the widespread use by participants and by WAKOIA of fire, pyrotechnics, flame effects, explosions, and other similar activities; and (h) vehicular traffic. I further acknowledge and fully understand that there may also be other risks that are not known or foreseeable at this time. I KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISK OF PROPERTY LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY, OR DEATH, WHICH MAY OCCUR BY ATTENDING WAKOIA, AND HEREBY FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD WAKOIA HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM SUCH RISK, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF WAKOIA, OR FROM THIRD PARTIES, AND I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR MY PARTICIPATION.
3. I understand that during the Event, art installations, theme camps, vehicles, events and performances will be held and/or on display and I understand that most of these activities are not owned or operated by WAKOIA. I ASSUME ALL RISK OF INJURY OR DEATH ARISING FROM THEIR OPERATION AND FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF THESE ACTIVITIES, AND THE RELEASE IN SECTION 2 APPLIES TO ANY INJURY I MIGHT SUSTAIN RELATING TO MY PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF THESE ACTIVITIES.
4. I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby waive, release, discharge, and agree not to sue WAKOIA, its officers, directors, members, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, contractors and subcontractors, and other participants, sponsors, affiliates, and if applicable, owners and lessors of equipment, art installations and premises used to conduct the Event or related activities (collectively the “Releasees”), from any and all claims for damages, injuries, losses, liabilities and expenses that I may have or that may subsequently accrue to me, relating to, resulting from or arising out of my use and/or participation in the Event, including any programs, events, art installations or activities at the Event, and including any injury or damage to my person or property, or to that of any other person or property. However, if WAKOIA files a claim against me, I may file a counterclaim related to the same facts and circumstances. I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Releasees harmless from and against any and all claims by third parties for damages, injuries, losses, liabilities and expenses relating to, resulting from or arising out of my participation in WAKOIA, including in any program, event or activity at the Event. I intend that the waiver and release of liability contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
5. By entering WAKOIA, all participants agree to the following terms, conditions, and guidelines for the use of any imagery obtained at the Event, including still photographs and videos (hereinafter “Event Imagery”). Cameras are welcomed at the Event. WAKOIA monitors dissemination of Event Imagery for two primary reasons: (1) to ensuring that photographs and videos from WAKOIA are not used for advertising or commercial purposes; and (2) to protect participants’ right to privacy, freedom of expression, and creative immediacy.
Participants may use Event Imagery for “Personal Use,” defined to include: (1) sharing with friends and family; (2) displaying on personal websites (as long as the website does not sell any product or service, and does not purport or appear to be an official website of WAKOIA or WAKOIA, LLC); and (3) displaying on personal accounts on photosharing and social networking websites, such as Instagram and Facebook (as long as the display of the Event Imagery on these sites is not commercial or promotional in any manner and the account is not affiliated with any commercial enterprise).
I UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT I MAY NOT MAKE ANY USE OF EVENT IMAGERY WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM WAKOIA, OTHER THAN PERSONAL USE (as defined above). I understand that I have no right to sell, transfer, license, sublicense, or give my Event Imagery to any other party, except for Personal Use, and I agree to inform anyone to whom I give any Event Imagery that it can only be used for Personal Use. Without the prior written consent of WAKOIA, I understand that I may not use in any advertisement, promotional materials (including music videos), or in the title or on the cover of any publication designed for public dissemination (other than blog posts), any (1) Event Imagery, (2) logos, trademarks, or other intellectual property owned or licensed by WAKOIA, including the name “WAKOIA”.
I assign to WAKOIA a joint ownership in the copyright to my Event Imagery for the purpose of enabling WAKOIA to enforce that copyright against any third party that displays or disseminates any of my Event Imagery in a manner not authorized by these Terms and Conditions. I appoint WAKOIA as my attorney-in-fact to execute any documents necessary to effectuate such assignment. WAKOIA agrees that it will not utilize this joint copyright to enter into any licensing agreements for the Event Imagery. Since I understand that, in the absence of written permission from WAKOIA, I have no right to sell, transfer, license, sublicense or give any of my Event Imagery to any other party (except for Personal Use), if a third party obtains and uses any of my Event Imagery (other than for Personal Use) without such written permission from WAKOIA, I agree that any permission, license, or rights I may have granted this third party is completely void and invalid and that WAKOIA has the absolute right, as joint copyright owner, to require the third party to cease all use of the Event Imagery.
WAKOIA supports the presence of the press, and to encourage the free expression of news reporters, storytellers, small groups documenting special projects, cultural or fine art photographers, and creative authors/researchers or academics, but all such uses require a written agreement with WAKOIA in order to use Event Imagery. email@example.com
1. I acknowledge that “WAKOIA” and the WAKOIA logo/symbol are registered trademarks owned by WAKOIA and licensed to WAKOIA, have the exclusive right to license and enforce those trademarks and any other trademarks or other intellectual property owned by or licensed to WAKOIA. I acknowledge that people are using film, video, and photographic cameras at the Event, and that my image may be captured on film, video, or photographs which may subsequently be displayed or disseminated without my consent or payment of compensation to me, and I release WAKOIA from any liability due to such filming, photographing, or dissemination.
2. I hereby appoint WAKOIA as my representative to protect my intellectual property or privacy rights, recognizing that WAKOIA has no obligation to take any such action. I understand that if WAKOIA files a lawsuit to protect my intellectual property or privacy rights pursuant to the appointment in this Section 8, and WAKOIA has information that my specific intellectual property or privacy rights have been violated and also has information as to my identity and my contact information, WAKOIA will make reasonable efforts to notify me of any such action by sending a communication to the contact information in WAKOIA’s possession.
3. I understand that some participants at the Event may engage in expressive activity and dress, which may include partial nudity or nudity and other types of expressive activity. I agree that such expressive activity and dress is not indecent nor offensive to me, and that I have decided to attend the Event with full knowledge that such expressive activity and dress may occur. No minors will be allowed at the event. Should I find that any activity at the Event is offensive to me, I acknowledge that I can avoid such activity by, among other things, leaving the vicinity of the activity or leaving the Event.
4. I acknowledge that all vehicles, including cars, trucks, and RVs, entering the Event are subject to search by Gate staff for stowaways, dogs, guns, live plants, fireworks, or other prohibited items.
5. I agree to read and abide by the terms on the back of the ticket and all information listed on the Event website – www.wakoia.com
6. I consent to have medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during any program, event, or activity at Event. I release WAKOIA and all persons participating in any such medical treatment from all responsibility for any such actions.
7. No minors will be allowed at the event. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed at the Event.
8. If I am obtaining tickets for, or providing any tickets and/or vehicle passes to, any other person(s), I recognize that I am acting as that person’s agent in obtaining the tickets and/or vehicle passes, and due to this agency relationship, I agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of any person to whom I deliver any of the tickets and/or vehicle passes I obtain, and I shall notify any such person of these Terms and Conditions when I deliver a ticket and/or vehicle pass to them. If I have obtained a ticket and/or vehicle pass from another person, I also agree to these Terms and Conditions when the ticket and/or vehicle pass is delivered to me.
9. I agree that WAKOIA is not liable for acts of God, the weather, strikes, protests, or actions taken by government agencies and similar causes. I understand that tickets and vehicle passes are nonrefundable even if the Event is terminated early or canceled, or entry conditions are modified, due to harsh weather, acts of nature, governmental regulation, the failure to obtain required governmental permits, or conditions beyond WAKOIA’s control.
10. I understand that (1) I must bring cash, official government ID (passport if coming for US), shelter and shade (if camping), and first aid to survive the duration of the Event on the beach (2) fireworks, rockets, and other explosives are prohibited; (3) weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited; (4) animals and pets are prohibited; (5) this is a LEAVE NO TRACE event, pack it IN, pack it OUT;
11. I understand that commercial vending is prohibited except as authorized by WAKOIA.
12. Tickets and credentials are revocable licenses that may be revoked by WAKOIA for any reason, including without limitation assisting people with unauthorized or un-ticketed entry to the Event.
13. Refund and Cancellation Policy
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be issued for any reason. Fees are non-refundable.
1. Ticket Sales
Once you successfully purchase tickets and your credit card is charged, you cannot cancel or withdraw your ticket order, and as with all ticket sales, the sale is final. If your credit card is declined by the credit card company for any reason, the sale to you will not be processed and you will not receive any tickets.
Once you have purchased tickets through any sale (other than a sale that specifies additional purchases may be permitted in later sales, such as a higher-priced pre-sale), you will be ineligible to purchase any other tickets.
For any ticket or ticket process registrations, if for any reason whatsoever, including computer or software malfunction, mistake or inadvertence, network congestion or crashes, you are not able to purchase any tickets or packages through the sale process, or your registration for a sale or the purchase of tickets or packages is not processed, or you receive a notice that your ticket purchase or ticket registration is rescinded, revoked, canceled, or made in error and your credit card payment is credited to your credit card account, you waive any claim against WAKOIA and release WAKOIA from any and all liability.
WAKOIA retains the right to cancel, rescind or revoke any ticket purchases at any time for any reason whatsoever at WAKOIA’s sole discretion.
23. Security and Privacy
1. These Terms and Conditions may be changed by WAKOIA prior to the Event, and if so, the revised Terms and Conditions will apply to you. The most current version can be found at www.wakoia.com. Your use of the ticket for entry to the Event signifies your binding agreement to the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of your entry to the Event.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, AND I DO SO KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR DURESS.